Sunday, September 28, 2008

Love For The Langauge.....

... 'Amour pour la langue' ...

A title ...
which means the same as the ' Post's Title ' in French...
I thought of keeping it just about now ....
but then dropped the idea, as for my promise in my last blog, this is not the blog dedicated to French.

This will be a short blog (hopefully :-p ) which i write to express my love in general for any language that i know, and every other language.

Lately a common use of slang is in practice by today's youth,
(apparently copied from the West, as is the trend with our movies.. :-p
)...
So i thought to comment something upon it just about now.

It causes me immense displeasure, I don't know why, when people make the use of slang in their speech and in their Text messages.

For I believe, that the identity of any language is in its purity of words, grammar with the correct punctuation. Hence, abiding by this principle of mine I do pledge to post my blogs in the purest form of language that I write in, whether people who take pain to read them find me old-fashioned, prude, orthodox, or even.... DUMB...!!

The common form of slang that any of us normally come across are the use of:
  • 'Ma' instead of 'My' , 'Mine', etc.
  • Eating out the last alphabet of most of the words to reduce the pain to write.
  • 'r bttr stll tng t ll th vwls frm ll th wrds sd n th sttmnt' .. which means --> 'Or better still eating out all the vowels from all the words used in the statement' .. :-p
  • The most insane slang i came across was when a guy used the phonetic word .. 'umm' .. which symbolises the action.. 1) person tasting food.. 2) person in deep thought.. 3) or a person highly sexcited.. anyways coming back to the point... this 'cool dude' used the word... 'umm'.. ' I am '.
I mean just imagine you ask someone .. ' How are you? ' .. and they reply... ' Ummmmm...!! .. gud ' ... :-p ... normal maybe for u... but insanely idiotically funny for me ...
  • N finly, eatng out sum f d alphabts 4m d wrds 2 mk it shrt enuf 2 fit in 1 txt msg... Though acceptable...

but what irritates me the most is the use of .. ' F ' .. instead .. ' OF '...

I mean everyone knows what the 'F' word means... :-p .. imagine that being reminded to you everytime you see it while reading the text.... changing it into a whole vulgar meaning ... :-p

'Hi! Cud u jst retrn me 1 F the thing i gav u?? ' ..... yet again.. funny... !! .. :-p


Though,
you will notice the immense use of French phrases in my posts, and might call it my flaunting of the language.. well I do admit that I will flaunt... but not the knowledge...
But my ...... ' Amour Pour La Langue... '

2 comments:

Arjun said...

oh yaar .. at first i thought ..that wasn't cool dude u was referring too... but may be a girl ..:o..? .. to be precise .. shweta ..:p..

and i hope ..i didn't use any short forms ..:p

ops ..master ji ..* did not and was not * ke liye shamma chahta hun ..:p..

Anonymous said...

hey nice one.... :D

waaah!! itna socha bhi he..

but.. u gave light to some interesting issue... ;) use of slang in text