Saturday, September 19, 2009

Strength of a Woman

Ever seen a woman travelling in a bus or a merto railway and how she would carry one child on her right arm, a handbad on the left and still holding another child with the left hand? Being pushed and pulled in the crowded buses or metros here and there still ensuring the safety of her children. Ever thought anything about it?

Well seeing such a case always stirs up a thought inside me.

Ever thought about your mother.. how she managed to do all that in one day?

What all...?? Let us explore...!!

Do you have any memories from your childhood about the daily routine of your mother? Do you remember her getting up the earliest in the morning and sleeping the last at night? How she would get up and make breakfast for all and drop you off at your school bus-stop. Not to forget, in between she would fight your claims of sleeping for just 5 more minutes, granting them to you, you stealing half an hour, then finally with her threaten of you missing the school bus you would wake up, even though the idea of missing the school seeming to be very attractive at the time.

Then her and you running everything at light's speed, from her throwing you into the bathroom to placing your uniform for minimum access time possible, which you were ordered to do before sleeping last night, you never obeying. From you taking the shortest time possible in having bath.. (sometimes not telling her that you even skipped that, still her getting suspicious of the fact).. to you taking the longest time in checking out how you looked in front of the mirror. From her packing your lunch box and setting the breakfast for you, and you skipping that too in a rush to the bus-stop, eventually to find out you are still late.

And if by some miracle you did make it to board the bus on time, you find out you forgot the lunch box.

Just as you are thinking you would have to stay hungry whole day as there is no money to buy food from canteen, you see from the bus's window, your mother running towards you from a distance making it just in time to hand you your lunch box before the bus leaves. You showing her a stupid all-white grin, now feeling energetic and bright that now everything is in order, that your talented supermom is here to your rescue (as if you were testing her talent... :-p ).

Then after the long tiring day at school when you return to the same bus-stop, she's there to receive you and you hang your heavy bag on her shoulder to relieve your burden saying you are tired as hell. And just after that you running here and there with you friends on the way to your place, suddenly feeling all charged up. Sometimes, when you felt that the unrelenting tormentors at school made you toil more than your limit, you would demand that alongwith the bag, she carries you too. Her silent protest of her being tired as well, but you ignoring her condition and sweetly blackmailing her, that pouting of the lips, those puppy eyes that could melt even a stone... how could she say 'NO' after that.

And once again you having your mischiefs with your friends while being carried on her shoulders, whithout thinking that it might just make even more hard to carry the load.

Still she would never complain....!!

From you returning in the evening after the day's play and waking her from her afternoon nap to feed your empty growling stomach to her sitting with you with patience to help you complete you homework, serving you dinner and a single glass of water which you couldn't get from the kitchen yourself but demanded while sitting in front of the TV as you could not miss on your stupid cartoons which you didn't even like... though always snatching the remote from her while she's watching her favourite soap thinking that is nonsense...

And how to describe the taste in her cooked food. Matching no one else's. The cliche 'Maa ke haath ka Swaad' tasted and experienced by everyone. After certain years, one gets addicted to her cooked food's taste but unknowingly, hence, never occuring for you to appreciate or complement it. Though she knows, that you cannot live without it, from the way you devour it, is a good enough complement for her.

Her finally tucking you into your bed, not before she made you brush your teeth. Sometimes, even telling you good night stories, or rather pressing your forehead or massaging your cramped legs till you slept, all the while yawning herself fiercely.

Still Never Complaining.....!!

So let me ask you the same question again... Do you have such memories? Ever wondered how she managed all that in just one day?

Well I would say such are the memories I have and yes, it always made me wonder whenever I saw such a strength.

Always
making me feel i never thanked my mother enough to let her know, unadmittedly, unknowingly, still, how special she is in all of our lives.

So this blog is dedicated to my Mom. I thank you mom for always waking me up on time, for the most delicious food than everyone else's in my class (yes I'm being biased), for carrying and soothing me whenever I was tired and hurt, for your supermom like capability which instilled confidence in me to pass my day bravely.

For I know Mom... that no matter what or where, even when the whole world turns against me... I always knew... You would always have been there...
I know.. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE THERE... JUST FOR ME....!!

AND I CAN'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE FOR IT THAN I DO AT PRESENT WHILE WRITING THIS.

And for you dear readers, I would like to add, The Secret behind all of it has to be the unbreakable, never-ending .. 'Strength of a Woman' .. or also.. 'The Unconditional Love of a Mother' .. gifted to every woman by the almighty.

P.S.: I would also confess, I don't know how you would have felt while reading this but, I myself did get too senti and emotional while typing the last few lines. [:-p]

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my mum even more today after reading dis :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anuja said...

Saw your blog link in Nishant's scrapbook, just clicked it without thinking ;)Couldn't hold myself from commenting after having read this article.. guess what it just brought me even closer to my mother.. I love my mother more than anybody in the world and believe more in her than in God :)

Manupriya said...

That was very well expressed, the feelings of every child towards their mother couldn't have been summarised better. The most amazing feeling is,how every single child feels the exact same SPECIAL feeling for their mother...."My mom's the BEST"!! Couldn't have saluted the Strength of a Woman any better.

PS: Though it seems,tu kuch zayda he tang karta ta hai apni muma ko.:p!!

Sudhang said...

Very touching post, akshay. a great read

Sudhang said...

PS: Though it seems,tu kuch zayda he tang karta ta hai apni muma ko.:p!!

lol.. yeah.. carrying you after school??? :s

Meenakshi said...

such a beautiful post Aks-hay...
yes we do have such memories bt they wr hidden smwhr(mayb bcoz 2day v r too busy with ourselvs n othr less important stuff)...n so i thank u for bringing back all those memories and more importantly, thus remimdng us f our responsblty 2wrds our parents..
Here i salute the 'Strength of a Woman' n 'The Unconditional Love of a Mother'..
i jst loveee my mom
keep blogging

Unknown said...

aww...my lappy blacked out and my post got deleted accidently..:(
writing it again...
Hats off to the mothers' spirit..
They're the ones who make our existence special in their own special ways..with their unconditional love,care and support...
Thanks Akshay for making me remind today of all memories associated with my mom...sweet and sour... which i cherish always...and with this i got a chance to thank her with all my heart..:)
Dear mom...for all that you are..love u..:p

nupur mahajan said...

i must say....ur mum took much crap frm u....
vaise i thank mamma quite oftenly...so not as g8 influence...but yeah...nice effort..as ur previous ones..!keep goin sir!

Anonymous said...

u made me cry akshay... u r gonna pay for it :(

IPSY-Ipsita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IPSY-Ipsita said...

Very liberated thoughts!You made me think in a way I never thought about the selfless being who is the closest to us.Blessed are we to have them in our lives.They rock!

akanksha said...

i love my mom.... :) sooo much.....
*sniff*

bt ya....maine itna tang nahi kiya ma ko.... :p

Abhimanyu said...

Nice work!!!

Unknown said...

i nvr read blogs..yup i nvr read dem (no spcfc resns fr it)....bt aks u postd d link....n den u reminded me.i read it....N I M FLABRGASTD!

seriously i too got senti..n al d childhood memories came live!!

"it ws lyk readn sumthn @ prsnt wid open eyes....bt dreaming of golden childhood days wid closed minds"!!

Unknown said...

simply love this post!!! akshay bhardwaaj itna senti hogaya??? bt nonetheles! its beautiful! the thought! and your writings too! :)

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful post..I never thought of this before..but after reading ur post , i can actually recall all those moments when my mom did so many things for me..she's the world's best mom..
Luv U Mom.. :)

Jyoti Naagar said...

aki it was so touching...what amazed me that i never believed a guy can so simply but in so detail explain marvels of women...awesome

Anil Meena said...

its blessing to read such things!!! thanks akshay!!!
of course i love my mom too!!!!